As a resort city, living in La Quinta offers a myriad of recreational activities for us to enjoy. Located in Coachella Valley, La Quinta is one of the most prominent golf destinations in the U.S. But with the pandemic, there has been a halt in activities and places to go to in the city.
But slowly, local officials are taking preliminary steps to reopen La Quinta. The recent executive order amendments have loosened recreational facilities’ restrictions, such as with tennis and other non-contact recreational sports. The city also plans to reopen its economy by early May.
While there are still limitations on what to do in La Quinta, the pandemic didn’t completely stop it from thriving. From the top places to visit and best dining spots, here are the activities you can do in La Quinta CA during the pandemic:
Go Sightseeing and Shopping
There are a lot of sightseeing spots we can enjoy in La Quinta. From shopping centers to visiting museums and art galleries, there are many activities to spend the day on. Here are the top places for sightseeing and shopping in La Quinta:
- La Quinta Museum: This historical Spanish colonial two-story building houses numerous exhibits on culture, history, and arts. Aside from exhibits, La Quinta Museum also has a shop, archives, a research area, and a multi-purpose room.
- Sm’ART Studio and Gallery: This is the perfect place for artsy people who appreciate art and want to learn it. The establishment is both an art studio, gallery, and a cooperative. They offer classes in craft-making, such as jewelry making, glass making, and assemblage. Moreover, artists with all fortes are also free to sell their art in the Sm’ART Studio.
- Old Town La Quinta: For an aesthetically-pleasing shopping center, Old Town La Quinta has a lot in store for us. It has a California Renaissance style with line ups of elegant buildings, boutiques, cafes, gourmet dining, and wine tasting bars. This is also where Certified Farmers Market is where tourists can buy various fresh produce.
Go Picnic and Camping
For a serene getaway, enjoy the scenic vibe of the Lake Cahuilla Recreation Area. The park is right at the foot of the Santa Rosa Mountains, making it a perfect nature spot. Its green lawns are perfect for picnics with ready-to-use tables and benches. The recreation area also houses over 150 camping sites and other facilities for fishing, hiking, horseback riding, and more.
Hit Your Club
Of course, we can’t leave out the legendary PGA West Stadium Course when we’re in La Quinta. As one of the U.S.’s top 100 golf courses, its natural terrain is a sight to behold, along with its decades of history.
Diners can enjoy a plethora of mouthwatering and delectable food, wine, and pastries in La Quinta. It is no surprise since we have to keep our stomach’s engine up to engage in recreation. That said, here are the must-visit dining and bar places to visit when you’re in La Quinta:
- The Chateau at Lake La Quinta
- La Quinta Cliffhouse Grill and Bar
- Arnold Palmer’s Restaurant
- Stuft Pizza Bar & Grill, La Quinta, CA
- Cork & Fork, La Quinta, CA
- Morgan’s in the Desert